Guidance on the day-to-day business of running your cancer program; from staffing to technology, office processes to accounting and patient support programs
The daily operations of a cancer center require policies, procedures and consistent protocols that ensure patient safety, maximizes patient throughput and staff productivity and minimizes waste. The Oncology Group can help you develop and deploy all aspects of operations, including:
- Leadership—Critical to your success are your cancer program leaders. We can identify and develop a leadership structure suited for your program operations.
- Revenue Cycle—We’ll review your processes beginning with scheduling, patient registration, documentation, coding and charge capture through the entire revenue cycle process. We ensure your processes are efficient and productive while maintaining compliance and steady cash flow.
- Practice Layout—Your exam space is driven by your type of practice. We engage physician leadership to design an operations plan built around the practice, whether a single specialty or a multidisciplinary program.
- Infusion—We help determine the correct mix of infusion chairs, private infusion rooms and special requirements for programs that accrue patients to clinical trials. We’ll review your nurse-to-patient ratio based on complexity of treatments and will evaluate nursing policies and procedures for compliance to ONS (Oncology Nursing Society) guidelines.
- Radiation Therapy—IGRT, IMRT, HDR, SRS, SBRT are just a few of the acronyms that leaders need to understand when designing space to provide radiation therapy for patients. We understand technology and can make recommendations based on demographics and competitive forces in a market. We can also assist in the review of policies and procedures and make staffing recommendations.
- Surgical Services—Clinical leadership determines the type of surgical services that can be offered in an outpatient environment. We help incorporate these services into the daily operations of your program.
- Support Services—Social workers, rehabilitation services, pastoral care and survivorship professionals are critical components of a cancer program. We can help develop services based on an organization’s resources.
It’s a challenge keeping up with the nuts-and-bolts, day-to-day operations of running and building your practice. Let the experts at The Oncology Group step in. We can assess your needs, evaluate operations and design and implement solutions that will keep your facility running smoothly.