Aligning cancer organizations, physician practices, services and programs
The ever-present push to improve quality of care while increasing operations efficiency, managing declining reimbursements and keeping costs in check is spurring physicians to seek alignment with hospitals.
The advantages are real. A well-strategized integration among physicians, hospitals and outpatient facilities aligns shared business goals, streamlines operations, reduces costs and heightens the quality of care that each entity delivers to the community.
As beneficial as collaboration can be, it isn’t always easy. Integration models can be relatively basic or complex and span the operations continuum. Partners must sync their goals, approaches and expectations and keep open lines of communication.
If you’re considering integration, The Oncology Group can help navigate you through the process. Our consultants can:
- Facilitate discussions between physician groups and hospitals
- Present options for integrated organizational structures
- Develop financial pro formas for integration models
- Review and provide recommendations for professional service and employment contracts
- Define strategies and tailor solutions appropriate for your local environment and market
- Align a local oncology team to deliver patient-centered services in an integrated manner
The Oncology Group’s expert team of consultants has developed new cancer programs and cancer centers nationwide. We’ve successfully established sustainable patient services, physician champions and organization models for a range of clients. Let us help you define and implement an alignment model that will keep your facility operating at its peak.